Rich Short Crust Pastry
- 100g butter/margerine
- 60g icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 200g plain flour,sifted
- 2tbsp strawberry jam(or any fruit jam)
- 120g butter/magerine
- 80g castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 80g plain flour,sifted
- 100g ground almond
- 30g flaked almond
- Pastry : Cream butter and icing sugar till light, add egg yolk and cream till well-combined. Add flour and mix into a pliable dough. Rest for 20minutes.
- Roll pastry between two sheets of plastic till 3mm thick and big enough to line a 22cm/9” pie dish.
- Remove the top of plastic sheet, invert and place the pastry over the pie dish. Press neatly and remove the excess pastry from the sides. Brush strawberry jam on the base.
- Filling : Cream butter and castor sugar till light, add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in shifted flour and ground almond, mix till well-combined.
- Pour filling mixture onto the pie dish and spread neatly. Sprinkle flaked almonds on top as decoration.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 35-40 minutes till golden browmn. Remove, leave to cool before serving.
Note: This tasty and easy to make pie is ideal to serve for afternoon tea. If no big pie dish is available, you may use petitin to make into small pies.